Dealing with an Agent
If you are looking to sell a property, chances are you will deal with a real estate agent or an agent’s representative. Be represented by the best!
Agents, auctioneers and sales representatives are required to be registered and carry a photographic registration card.
During the buying process you can generally expect an agent to:
- Take your details and advise you about relevant properties for sale
- Answer any questions about listed properties
- Arrange inspections
- Provide a copy of a Form 1 (vendor’s statement) upon request
- Communicate your offers to the seller, and
- Oganise for the signing of the contract.
Remember that an agent is usually hired by the vendor and therefore will be working for the vendor.